Occupation criticism

=%iso-8859-1?Q?Lars-Martin_S=F8rensen?= lms
Tue Sep 30 04:01:09 EDT 2003

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps a little clarification is needed. What I am
looking for is Japanese language texts dealing with criticism (indirect,
subtle, perhaps put forward by means of emic codes, symbolism, manipulation
of homonymes, mise-en-scene in relation to dialoque or whatever) of the
occupation authorities, the reforms or the new western values and buzzwords
being propagated by the SCAP/GHQ. It does not matter if they are highly
speculative, politically biased or plain stupid - anything is of interest.
Preferably texts exposing criticism/antiamericanism or just the highlighting
of old fashionend/traditioinal/feudal themes within the films of the
Occupation Era, not necessarily written during the Occupation. Suggestions
for texts of similar content in English, French, German or any Scandinavian
language are welcome, too.

Thanks again.

Lars-M. S?rensen
Ph.D.Student