blanket ignorance

drainer at mpinet.net drainer at mpinet.net
Mon Jun 28 18:01:55 EDT 2004

 I think that in the context of what she said, it made sense, and it wasn't
meant as a generalization. But more so, I think it should be pointed out
that she is not American, the "our" is not necessarily linked to her
statement. Maybe she was pointing out melodrama in the media.

"...to simplify cause and effect by asserting instead that there are
sweeping national traits to explain specific human actions or situations.
" --  But isn't this the defining characteristic of identity in this
country?  (I am joking, although such a generalization could be made.)

-d