Osaka lecture by member

Hopkins/Kato hopkat
Thu Jun 3 19:02:43 EDT 2004

    Well, I'll talk about the companies and content of recordings in Japan
from the earliest examples up until the start of the Pacific phase of the
war. I'll talk about changes in audience, give examples of all major genres.
I don't have a record of Matsui Sumako's "Kachusha," but I'll explain about
it and the earliest "western" songs and songwriters. I'll introduce Sekiya
Toshiko, the first Japanese orchestral composer to be recorded by a foreign
orchestra. I'll talk about the introduction of censorship in recording in
1934, and the gradual domination of the market by polemical material. You
know, that kind of thing.
    David

    What are you going to talk about? I am curious

    Peter Larson

    BULB Records

    4609 Hunt Rd

    Adrian, MI 49221