Ring books

John Evans nagzi
Mon Jun 28 13:43:28 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 14:46, christophe crison wrote:
> Has anyone read the books in their english translation? I would be
> interested in their opinion

I have the Vertical Press release of ring, and their webpage lists
Spiral being out now too, so I'll have to get that.

I enjoyed reading ring, and I found it to be as suspenseful as the
movie.  There a lot of changes between the novel and the movie (just no
the gender change of the main character), but yet at the same time there
wasn't.  What I mean is, a lot of the scenes were different between the
two mediums but they happened in the same way and having the same effect
on the overall story.

I don't want to say to much and ruin the experience of reading the book,
but like I said I enjoyed reading it and found it to be an excellent and
high quality translation.

PS: Encase you're interested Dark Horse Comics released the manga
version last fall, but their webpage was down at the time when I wrote
this email so I'm not able to post a link.  This is the link that I used
the last time I was on their page.

http://www.darkhorse.com/products/zones/z_manga/index.html

---
John Evans