security blanket statements

Mitch Cullin fpunk
Mon Jun 28 18:50:24 EDT 2004

--- Debby Coley <debbycoley at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I stay away from generalizations of
> people because they are inaccurate.

Amen.

>   I just finished Ian Buruma's book, Behind the
> Mask, and he did, however, paint Japanese people as
> theatrical, but he was writing about Japanese media.

Hmmmmmmm...I'm hard-pressed to think of any country
that isn't somewhat theatrical--whether it be
intentional or otherwise--especially when it comes to
media.

Apparently I missed the "blanket statement" post, so
I'm lacking the accurate context in which to respond
or ponder it.  At the risk of furthering what seems a
pretty mindless pursuit, could someone be so kind as
it email it to me directly?

Many thanks,
Mitch

=====
Most recent propaganda (updated on June 20, 2004):
http://www.lostatsea.net/LAS/archives/features/literature/mitchcullin/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/international/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000508115
http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/tidecull.htm
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2000-11-10/books_set2.html
http://partners.nytimes.com/books/00/09/24/reviews/000924.24lewist.html
http://www.fetchbook.info/Mitch_Cullin.html
http://generationrice.com/index.phtml?talk=peterichang_1
http://www.minsky.com/branches.htm

"As the movie industry becomes more like the merchandising industry, the book business becomes more like the movie industry.  There's more pressure.  I think it's very difficult to be a young writer today.  I fear that young writers, after one or two books, will disappear the way young film directors do."  --Don DeLillo