just myself

Orby orby_tx
Mon Jun 28 23:10:54 EDT 2004

       Name: Emilio Orby

        Age: 44

        City and country: Buenos Aires, Argentina

        Profession: Film critic (specialized in asian films)

        Publications: "Brief Story of Yakuza films" (1995). "The shinpa eiga" (1998). "Ghost Movies - conversations with Kiyoshi Kurosawa-" (on preparation)

        Hi, I am a quiet member of the list.

        I am the only one film critic specialized in asian films of Argentine.

        I am a really fan of japanese films, interested in the olders big masters like Imamura, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Shindo, Kinugasa, Suzuki, Kobayashi, Oshima, Teshigahara and others, and the latest like Kitano, Miike, Ninagawa, Kamanaka, Yamashita, Kawase, and Kiyoshi Kurosawa who give me a deep interview at the last BAFICI (Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival) in april 2004.  My interest to be here are know more about japanese movies across the comments of professionals and fans.

        In Argentine, Japanese movies have some difficulties to be released,

        its a strange case becouse people and critics are very interested by it.  We have an older habit to watch japanese films. Akira Kurosawa, Yasujiro Ozu, Mikio Naruse or Masaki Kobayashi was premiered here from the 50's. Actually I write to some local film magazines and internet sites about it.

        Well, I don't know. For any question just call me, right?

        Thanks.

        Orby