Page of Madness distribution question

MileFilms at aol.com MileFilms at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 09:19:13 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/2/04 9:12:31 AM, blair at telepathic-movie.org writes:

> Page of Madness was never published in the US? How did this get into the
> public domain? Considering the only print came straight from the director [when
> was that, the 1970's?]. Is it in the PD in
> Japan?
>
> David

I think the copyright law is 60 years in Japan now? -- it was just extended a
few months back to protect the great films from the 1950s. And US copyright
law depends on the first date of publication, it doesn't matter which country
it played in.

Anyway, New Line Cinema (back in their wilder and woolier days) released the
film back in the 1970s and 16mm prints lingered around. I think maybe even
Audio Brandon had it at one point even before that.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640