War and media

Aaron Gerow gerowaaron
Sun Mar 28 16:10:43 EST 2004

Some may recall that the Maison Franco-Japonaise hosted a conference on
war and media back  in March 2002, and I remember a number of KineJapan
members were interested in the proceedings. Many of the papers
presented there, including my own, were published in the July 2002
issue of Gendai shiso, but I did want to mention for those of you who
cannot read Japanese that three of the papers from that conference have
recently been published in French. Those three are:

	Aaron Gerow: "Spectateurs combattants"
	Kinoshita Naoyuki: "La Memoire de la guerre precedente dans la deniere
guerre"
	Kitahara Megumi: La Grossesse et l'Accouchement de la princesse
imperiale: une mise en scene mediatique"

These three and other articles (there's also three on the bordering of
Japan) are to be found in _Ebisu: Etudes Japonaises_ n. 30 (2003).
Ebisu is the journal of the Maison Franco-Japonaise.

Aaron Gerow
Film Studies and East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University