The law in Japanese film

jlaza at umich.edu jlaza at umich.edu
Tue Oct 12 20:03:25 EDT 2004

Hi, my name is Justine Lazarus and I am a second-year student at the Univeristy
of Michigan Law School in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  I am currently enrolled in a
class on Japanese Law and I plan to write a paper on depictions of lawyers or
the legal process in Japanese film.  Can you recommend any subtitled films
depicting lawyers or the legal process?  I am also interested in films dealing
with situations in which lawyers/the legal process could potentially be
present, but are not (for example, a crime drama where someone is arrested, but
his/her attorney or trial is never shown).  Thanks for your help!