Takeshi's 9.11

Aaron Gerow gerowaaron at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 12 07:30:21 EDT 2004

> What caught my eye initially, however, were these recreations of the
> scenes inside the three airplanes (this makes me recall a post a ways
> back by Anne about fear-inspiring reality shows). They had several
> Middle-Eastern men with red bandanas on their heads going crazy in the
> planes, putting box cutters to the necks of blond flight attendants,
> and storming the cockpits. Cut to the planes crashing into the WTC
> from multiple angles.

I would wonder about the sources of these recreations. As was noted
earlier on the list, Japanese TV relies on recreations a lot, but it
also relies a lot on footage from foreign TV. There are, in fact, some
shows totally devoted to showing footage from foreign TV, including
foreign recreation shows. Especially on this international list, does
anyone recall such 9/11 recreations broadcast in their country?

Aaron Gerow
Film Studies and East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University