half OT / half...T (?)

drainer@mpinet.net drainer
Sat Sep 4 22:12:17 EDT 2004

 I agree, areas like Kichijoji or anywhere in Setagaya, etc... are places
where you might be surprised at the prices. Sometimes you also just find
things based on luck (if you're walking or driving and spot a store, go
inside, take a look).
 As far as a region free DVD player goes, you can always use your computer
or laptop for that. You can get software such as "DVD Region Free" that will
allow you to select that region you want to play; after that, just hook up
your computer to a TV and you're done.

-d

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.sharp" <j.sharp at hpo.net>
To: <KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: half OT / half...T (?)

> Everything I watch is either rented from Tsutaya, either in Shinjuku or
Shibuya, or sent over from HK or Korea. I >only really buy stuff if I am
lucky enough to chance on something I really want in the secondhand chain
Book Off - >the better branches of these tend to be in the bigger more
surburban areas like Tachikawa, Kichijouji or >Machida- perhaps not worth
going out of your way for, but always worth a look if there's one near by.
> But agreed, a region free player is essential. Start planning your trip to
HK, I would....