Ukigusa nikki

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary at mac.com
Tue Aug 23 13:31:49 EDT 2005

Ozu's STORY OF FLOATING WEEDS (1934), Yamamoto Satsuo's DUCKWEED
STORY (1955) and Makino Masahiro's own UKIGUSA NIKKI from 1952 are
based on three different sources, authored by George Fitzmaurice,
Mayama Miho and Tomita Tsuneo respectively.

DUCKWEED STORY (Ichikawa Umagoro ichiza tenmatsu-ki: Ukigusa nikki),
released in November 1955, starred Tono Eijiro, Tsushima Keiko,
Matsumoto Kappei, Sugawara Kenji, Fukuhara Hideo and Hanazawa Tokue.
It was scripted by Yasumi Toshio, shot by Maeda Minoru and scored by
Akutagawa Yasushi.  I don't think I've seen it.

Stephen