Public Domain Footage of Japanese Nightlife in the 1960s

Mitch Cullin fpunk
Sun Aug 7 23:42:27 EDT 2005

Hi,

Hope this query doesn't come off as sounding too
questionable, but I was wondering if anyone on the
list might know the best route in which to obtain
public domain film footage of 1960s nightlife in
Tokyo, as well as public domain footage--newsreel or
otherwise--of Group Sound bands or of the early
rockabilly scene in Tokyo.

The use of the footage would be for a documentary
about the street musician Hisao Shinagawa, and
probably less than 5 seconds would actually be needed.
 As we're working on a very very low budget, other
means to aquire such stock (such as efootage.com) are
just beyond what we can afford.

Any help or appropriate directions would be greatly
appreciated.

Yours,
Mitch Cullin

http://www.mitchcullin.com
http://www.tidelandthemovie.com
http://www.randomhouse.com/nanatalese/mitchcullin/blurb_project.html

"As the movie industry becomes more like the merchandising industry, the book business becomes more like the movie industry.  There's more pressure.  I think it's very difficult to be a young writer today.  I fear that young writers, after one or two books, will disappear the way young film directors do."  --Don DeLillo