Festival enquiry

David Desser desser
Mon Aug 1 10:57:43 EDT 2005

Yes, "Li" is the family name of Li Cheuk-to and Cheuk-to is his personal name.  Kinnia Yau is "Kinnia Yau Shuk-ting."  (And, FYI, Kinnia Yau is a woman.)

best,
David Desser
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alexander Jacoby
  To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
  Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 9:15 AM
  Subject: Re: Festival enquiry

  Thanks for your prompt reply to this query last week. Any chance I can confirm that Li is the family name of Li Cheuk-to and Cheuk-to his/her personal name? Chinese name order is complicated! Similarly, what about Kinnia Yau?

  Jason Gray <loaded_films at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
    Alex,

    I did a bit of translation for the HKIFF publication on
    Shimizu, so I have a copy.

    HKIFF Society Series (2)
    Shimizu Hiroshi, 101st Anniversary

    Publisher: Hong Kong International Film Festival Society
    Editors: Kinnia Yau, Li Cheuk-to
    Chinese Editors: Ho Wai-leng, Tsui Cheong-ming
    English Editors: Maggie Lee, Sharon Hayashi (KineJapan
    member)