50000 Films Found?

Sven Koerber-Abe svenkoerber at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 05:54:13 EST 2005

Don't want to frighten somebody, but this incidence reminds me on the story
of the German director Wolfgang Petersen, who wanted to make a director's
cut of his quite famous film "Das Boot". The original film had been in the
stock of the producing company (or maybe the Bavaria Studios ?) in a more or
less climate-controlled room. After not much more than 10 years the director
almost screemed as he had to find out that the original film-rolls stuck
together like plastic-glue and had to be carefully restored (what costed a
quite big bunch of money ...).

It wonder if there will be enough money to restore the full collection of
50.000 films, some of which had been in this not so good condition for more
than 50 years ?!

Sven