Kurosawa's No Regrets in English

Michael McCaskey mccaskem at georgetown.edu
Fri Mar 11 10:55:11 EST 2005

Joanne and Sarah,

Thank you both very much! Now perhaps I can get our univ. library to order a copy. They have VHS versions of all the other 1947-50 Kurosawa movies, but lack this one.

Thanks to you, I went to the Facets site, and they have the film now (on backorder) in both VHS and DVD formats. I backordered a DVD copy, apparently with English subtitles, which is supposed to arrive in a month or so, from somewhere. I gave a course on Kurosawa's early postwar films this past spring, and students cd. use the VHS library copies of the others, but I had given up on ever getting a subtitled copy of this one.

With Appreciation,

Michael McCaskey