Mickey Curtis questions

Bourdaghs, Michael bourdagh at humnet.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 18 12:42:55 EST 2005

Hi, all:

According to _Popyuraa ongaku jinmei jiten_ 2nd. edition (Nichigai
Associates, 2000), both of Mickey Curtis' paternal and maternal grandfathers
were British.  He was born in Tokyo in 1938, moved to Shanghai at age 4, and
then returned to Japan after the war.  He made his debut at the 1st
Nichigeki Western Carnival in 1958, and quickly rose to prominence as a
rockabilly singer and remained active in recording and performing well into
the 1970s (his hard rock group Samurai toured in the West), and still
performs today (http://db-pro.net/mc/).

Hope this helps --

Michael Bourdaghs