Kill Bill: Tokyo Underworld

MrBillLucey at aol.com MrBillLucey at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 15:19:53 EST 2005

By far, the most interesting characters of Kill Bill Vol I were played by
Lucy Liu as O-Ren Ishi, Julie Dreyfus, who played the seductive Sofie Fatale, and
Chiaki Kuriyama, as the wicked eyed Gogo Yubari.
Quentin Tarentino should think about doing a retrospective spin off from this
movie that devotes an entire movie to this gang from the Tokyo underworld.
They all put in great performances, but their time on film was so short--I
felt cheated.
I never heard of Julie Dreyfus before this movie (I understand she is French
and speaks fluent Japanese), but wondered why she hasn't made more of an
impact in the U.S.or even in the Japanese cinema?
Just a thought!
-Bill