Kurosawa's No Regrets in English

Michael E Kerpan Jr. kerpan
Fri Mar 11 19:07:36 EST 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 10:55, Michael McCaskey wrote:

A warning -- the subtitles on the Mei Ah DVD (which is the only one there is
with English subtitles at present) are quite poor -- especially the Sinicized
Japanese names (which all become unrecognizable).  And the image quality is
not too great (to put it gently).  It is possible that the VHS version (if
available) will look better -- and it will definitely have better English
subtitles.

In any event, these DVDs are grossly over-priced at Facets.  In the US, the
best bet is probably YesAsia -- unless one is buying a whole lot of DVDs --
in which case Layoyo might be cheaper.

MEK