Self-Introduction

Brian Ruh brianruh
Mon Mar 28 17:24:03 EST 2005

I just subscribed to the list today and thought I should introduce
myself.

Name: Brian Ruh

Institutional affiliation: Indiana University (PhD student)

City and country: Bloomington, IN, USA

Research projects or publications: My first book, "Stray Dog of Anime:
The Films of Mamoru Oshii," was published by Palgrave Macmillan last
year. I also have a couple of other forthcoming book chapters in the
works. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll be writing my PhD
dissertation about, though.

Interests with regard to Japanese film and moving image media: anime,
the relationship of manga to live-action cinema, the
internationalization of Japanese films, Okinawa in TV and film, the
impact of technology on film reception (DVDs, fansubs, etc.)

I'm looking forward to having some interesting discussions here!

== Brian

Brian's Essential Reading:
Book:     http://www.oshiibook.com
Research: http://www.animeresearch.com