Oshidori utagassen DVD

M Arnold ma_iku at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:19:25 EST 2005

I just went to the Nikkatsu web site to see if I could find more info about
the new Suzuki Seijun and Fujita Toshiya DVDs I keep seeing at Tsutaya, and
was surprised to learn that the company is releasing Oshidori utagassen on
DVD on December 9. It looks like there will be two versions, a 6,300 yen
limited edition and a 3,990 yen regular edition. The limited edition comes
with a booklet and a bonus disc including Makino's 1934, 51min Awadatsu
seishun (apparently a promotion film he made for Sapporo beer--the JMDB has
almost no info on it) and a 112 minute interview with Makino and Sawai
Shinichiro from 1988.

The Nikkatsu page also says that Oshidori utagassen will play the late show
at the Euro Space "Shinkan" in January. Unfortunately they're screening a
"digitally remastered blu-ray disc" of the movie, not film.

http://www.nikkatsu.com/video/2005/oshidori/index.html

So is Euro Space building a new theater? If so I hope it will be better than
the current one . . .

Michael Arnold