Takeshi Sato

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 05:05:34 EST 2005

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me anything about Takeshi Sato, director of Chocolate and Soldiers. I've tried to look him up on the JMDB, but since I don't know what kanji he used for "Takeshi", I don't know what to enter (and I'm using a non-Japanese search engine, so I have to copy and paste kanji from other documents!). Anyway, what I want to know is basically - dates of birth and death; span of career; apart from Chocoreto to Heitai, do other of his films survive; lastly, has anyone seen others and does anyone think that they are any good?

  Best,

  ALEX