Encyclopedia of Documentary Film

Aaron Gerow gerowaaron
Sun Nov 6 18:17:30 EST 2005

On 2005.11.6, at 04:57  PM, Mark Nornes wrote:

> The Routledge Encyclopedia of Docoumentary Film is just out, a huge
> three volume set. You'll find a number of essays on Japanese
> documentary, many by your friends on KineJapan. They include Japanese
> Film (Nornes), Japan: Newsreels (Aaron Gerow), Ogawa Productions
> (Nornes), Iwasaki Akira (Fujiki Hideaki), Prokino (Jeff Isaacs),
> Kawase Naomi (Gerow), Tokyo Olympiad (Nornes), Kamei Fumio (Nornes),
> Tsuchimoto Noriaki (Richard Suchenski), Ichikawa Kon (Ronald Wilson).
> I think that's all of them.

I also wrote one on Koreeda.

Let me add that, following Markus, I was one that also complained to
them about their poor choice of entries. It does remind me that only
with multiple voices can some of these institutions (and encyclopedias
are institutions) be moved. I do hope that sometimes KineJapan can help
mobilize such pressure.

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html