KINEJAPAN digest 1684

Mitsuyo mwadamar
Tue Nov 15 16:03:20 EST 2005

Hi all KineJapan readers,

Although the position that the department wants to fill is not
specifically on Japanese cinema, for some of you who might be interested
should apply.

Mitsuyo Wada-Marciano, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Film Studies
Carleton University

Film Studies, Carleton University

Carleton University?s Film Studies program invites application for a
tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning 1
July 2006. Applicants should have expertise in one of the two following
areas: 1) transnationalism, globalization or diaspora communities, with
preference being given to those working in the cinemas of Africa, the
Middle East, South Asia or Europe; 2) contemporary cinema, with a
special emphasis on the influence of new media technologies and
intermediality. The successful candidate will be expected to teach a
range of courses in film studies from first year to the M.A. level,
supervise graduate students, and develop a program of research leading
to significant peer-reviewed publications. He or she may also be
expected to contribute to Carleton University?s doctoral program in
Cultural Mediations. This is an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in arts and
culture which draws upon faculty and other resources from film,
literature, music and art history. Applicants must have a Ph.D., a
strong commitment to scholarship reflected in publications, an active
research profile and demonstrated excellence in teaching. Complete
applications, including a curriculum vitae, a writing sample and
teaching dossier should be sent to Dr Andre' Loiselle, Acting Director,
School for Studies in Art and Culture, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel
By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6. Applicants should also arrange for
three letters of reference to be sent separately. Initial screening of
applications will begin on 1 February 2006, and continue until the
position is filled.All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The
applications of Canadians and Permanent Residents will be considered
first. Carleton University is committed to equality of employment for
women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and people with
disabilities. Persons from these groups are especially encouraged to
apply. This position is subject to budgetary approval.