Fwd: Self-introduction

Brian Jenkins 964pinocchio
Wed Nov 30 11:43:06 EST 2005

Sorry.  "Chi to hone" was directed by Sai Yoichi, and Iwai Shunji directed
"Swallowtail" (was watching it last night)...my mistake.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Jenkins <964pinocchio at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 30, 2005 8:25 AM
Subject: Self-introduction
To: kinejapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu

Hello.

My name is Brian Jenkins.  I am currently an Asian Studies graduate student
at San Diego State University in San Diego, California, USA.  (If you like
sunshine, this is the place to be.)  When I finish here, I plan to relocate
to Japan for the long term, in whatever capacity keeps me learning.

I subscribed to this list on the recommendation of Tom Mes of
MidnightEye.com, and am hoping to broaden my (limited) knowledge of Japanese
cinema.  My personal tastes are centered around Tsukamoto Shin'ya's works,
but also include science fiction films and television, as well as films
dealing with minorities in Japan (Yukisada Isao's "Go" and Iwai Shunji's
"Chi to hone" among the recent works I've seen).

I've seen a name or two I recognize already, and hope to someday become one
myself.

See you there, I suppose...

Brian

--