Teito Fukko

Jason Gray loaded_films at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Oct 19 23:36:17 EDT 2005

As stated on screen, the Emperor's tour was on March 24th,
1930, and the reconstruction completion ceremony on the
26th. If the film was released publicly in March, it
must've been in the last couple days. If there are
published lists of what played at Shochiku's various
theatres at the time, it wouldn't be too hard to find out.

I don't know much about the history of government-funded
filming in that era, but I was definitely under the
impression that the footage would've been screened in one
context or another along the way until the final feature
was edited and released. Would they have shown the public
the reconstruction efforts only years after they've seen
it with their own eyes, and not at some point while it was
still happening? It's possible they kept all the footage
unscreened for 7 years, but...

jg

--- Alexander Jacoby <a_p_jacoby at yahoo.co.uk> からのメッ
セージ: