Masters of Horror / misc. news

M Arnold ma_iku at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:29:48 EDT 2005

> http://www.sho.com/site/mastersofhorror/home.do

I can't access the page from Japan . . .

A few weeks ago I gave a rushed pronunciation lesson to an actress who was
preparing to do an English language audition for a Miike project. She
mentioned something about a TV episode, but we couldn't figure out why Miike
was doing the auditions in English. Maybe this explains it. The one page of
script she showed me had something to do with foreigners and prostitutes in
Japan. At any rate I guess she made it past the first round, but didn't get
the part.

In barely related news, last night I took a break from studies to meet her
and a pink director friend to see the Smog/Joanna Newsom concert in Shibuya.
While we were there we bumped into director Meike (not Miike) Mitsuru.
Afterwards, as we traded thoughts about the two ridiculous opening bands,
Meike told us that his 2004 film Bitter Sweet (previously known as "Noko
furin: torareta onna") is going to play the late show at Pole Pole Higashi
Nakano starting on December 10. It stars Konatsu, the late Hayashi Yumika,
Ishikawa "KIN" and Sano Kazuhiro, and I think I remember an interesting
cameo somewhere in the middle . . . Those of you who missed it at the
Shinjuku Kokusai Gekijo might want to take a look.

And speaking of Hayashi Yumika, the recent issue of PG (No. 100) is a jumbo
sized tribute to her with photos, a filmography, and numerous comments from
pink directors and actors.

Michael Arnold