AW: Pordenone

Jason Gray loaded_films
Tue Oct 18 23:39:40 EDT 2005

Roland,

Thank you very much for the recap -- I really appreciate
it. I had a feeling "Bakudan Hanayome" would go down well
-- it's a comedic gem. Was it accompanied by music?

As far as Emperor Hirohito's appearance in "Teito Fukko,"
when I first saw the film, I was surprised at how much
access the crew were given to shoot his image (the obscure
term
????being used to reflect this privilege?. Would this
have been a precedent-setting film in that way, do you
know? The shot choices certainly didn't lend His Majesty
an air of greatness -- he looked like a regular person, a
little guy in fact, surrounded by more powerful men.

And yes, it's hard to believe that after all of that,
Tokyo was decimated once again...What a town.

Best,
Jason Gray