Region2 DVD Box Sets

Mitch Cullin fpunk
Mon Feb 6 14:15:56 EST 2006

Hi,

Most of the films in the Teshigahara set have English
subtitles, except the supplemental disc of short films
and "The Man Without A Map".  Regardless, I highly
recommend this box set.

--- Kumiko Sato <satoku at earlham.edu> wrote:

> Dear KineJapaners,
>
> Happy Monday. I'm a little fuzzy on this part of my
> memory, but does
> "Teshigawara Hiroshi no sekai DVD Collection"
> (Region 2, 6 DVD set;
> Kadokawa 2002 release) have English subs? Does the
> new Oshima Nagisa box
> set to be released in this March have English subs
> (or are they the same as
> the existing DVDs packed in CD-sized cases)? Would
> anyone out there have
> recommendations about what region 2 "auteur film"
> DVDs with English subs to
> buy? I'm planning to purchase some from Japan for my
> college's library but
> don't want to invest in those that are likely to be
> on DVD in North America
> nor in those without English subs. I'd very much
> appreciate your input.
> Thank you very much!
> Kumi Sato
> Earlham College

http://www.mitchcullin.com
http://www.tidelandthemovie.com
http://www.randomhouse.com/nanatalese/mitchcullin/blurb_project.html

"As the movie industry becomes more like the merchandising industry, the book business becomes more like the movie industry.  There's more pressure.  I think it's very difficult to be a young writer today.  I fear that young writers, after one or two books, will disappear the way young film directors do."  --Don DeLillo