KineJapan member list

Rob Schwartz gangamati
Mon Feb 20 00:33:44 EST 2006

Hi All-

First, I would like to thank Aaron for addressing the problem so directly,
quickly and thoroughly, and offereing a number of workable solutions.

I, too, received the annoyoing spam/email from the Spanish list and since I
subscribe to no other lists (and get very little spam) with this address I
must assume they poached this list. Why, then, some people got subscribed
and others did not is a mystery (accept for Aaron himself, who the poachers
probably figured out was the administrator and decided it would be unwise to
subscribe him). I think we have established that the way to unsubscribe is
to find the unsubscribe link in Spanish and then respond to the email they
send, confirming unsubscription. It took me two or three tries as well and I
was pretty annoyed by the bother.

Anyway, I think we can posit there has been abuse of the Kine Japan list in
this case. While, as Aaron states, it is not a recurring problem I think
some action is warranted. Personally, I would vote for option 3.

Again, a heartfelt o sewa ni narimasu to Aaron and all the administrators
for the prompt action and taking care of the list in general.

Best,

Rob Schwartz