More reflections on pink films and other popular genres

Peter Larson peter_larson2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 19:14:24 EST 2006

"If the catch is the thrill of watching audiovisual
representations of certain kinds of sexual activities,
is a handful of poorly-acted, dubbed, simulated sex
scenes worth a 1800 yen triple feature when you could
go to Tsutaya and rent three hardcore videos with real
sex scenes (or at least more convincing fake sex
scenes) and sync sound to watch in privacy for half
the price"

I always looked at them as an overpriced homeless
shelter when I would miss my train. Often I would ask
myself if they were making these movies as some sort
of community service to give people a place to go in
the middle of the night. While i was always excited to
be there just because I like movies, folks around me
would often be sleeping.

=== message truncated ===