Miike cut

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 18:21:43 EST 2006

That's an exceptionally harsh judgement, both about the other directors and Showtime. Garris himself seems to have no problem with the quality of Miike's contribution, and it doesn't sound too far-fetched to suggest that Showtime felt it was too extreme.

  If you don't mind me asking, which are Miike's fantastic horror films?

  Jim.

jerry turner <dr_pluto at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Yeah, I guess Miike, a man who has made a dozen or so
fantastic horror
films, isn't up to the standards of a John Landis who
has never done
anything worth a crap or Tobe Hooper, a guy who's
first film was good. .
.. 30 years ago. Miike was the token non white anyway.
.. .

Aaron Gerow wrote:

> Dave Kehr reports in today's New York times that
Miike Takashi's
> contribution to the pay-cable channel Showtime's
"Master of Horror"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/19/arts/television/19horr.html

> The episode has been made, but it did not fit
Showtime's standards for
> broadcast, so it will be released directly to DVD.
>
> Aaron Gerow
> KineJapan owner
>
> Assistant Professor
> Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and
Literatures

http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://www.flipsidemovies.com