Second-hand DVD shops in Tokyo

Don Brown the8thsamurai
Wed Jan 4 09:16:25 EST 2006

>Dear All
>Could any of you tell me, please, if there is any good second-hand dvd
shops in Tokyo?
>Mika Ko

Hi Mika,

If you're based in Japan and have an internet connection, it's much easier
to get good quality second-hand DVDs from internet auction sites such as
Yahoo Japan and Rakuten. More often than not they're cheaper, and there's a
far more diverse selection available.

Alternatively, I'd recommend the Recofan chain of second-hand music stores.
Most branches have a DVD section, and the biggest one that I know of is the
Shibuya Beam store (there are three Recofan branches in Shibuya alone)
which has about 10,000 in stock according to their homepage.

http://www.recofan.co.jp/map/map_eng.html

Prices are reasonable too, especially in comparison to major chain store
Book Off which often charges close to retail price for some second-hand
DVDs. Recofan also give you 100 yen off second-hand stuff if you become a
member, which costs nothing. Maybe I should ask them for an extra discount
next time for all the free publicity I'm giving them. But definitely check
out the net auction sites if you can.

Don Brown