Miike cut

Colin Geddes ultra8
Thu Jan 19 22:02:37 EST 2006

I don't think it is the level of violence that is the reason, but
rather the topic of abortion has more to do with it being pulled.

OR it could be a publicity plot to sell more dvds when the series
gets released...

On 19-Jan-06, at 9:36 PM, <drainer at mpinet.net> <drainer at mpinet.net>
wrote:

> Showtime Beyond frequently plays Japanese horror movies, along with
> all sorts of other material deemed tasteless for some. Maybe there
> is something being left out of this story.
>
> -d
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <tim.iles at utoronto.ca>

-------------------
Colin Geddes
Ultra 8 Pictures
www.ultra8.ca

KUNG FU FRIDAYS at the Royal! - Visit: www.kungfufridays.com
Read the new Kung Fu Fridays blog!

Coming Soon from Ultra 8 Pictures:

EL CRIMEN PERFECTO aka PERFECT CRIME - Wacky Spanish FIlm Noir Comedy
"A bright, gaudy and tremendously satisfying ride." - New York Times
Dec 16-21 Bytowne, Ottawa / Dec 16-20 Princess Cinema, Waterloo / Dec
29-Jan 5 - Hyland, London / Jan 7-12 - Winnipeg Film Group
Jan 13, 15 & 18 - Cinema du Parc, Montreal / Jan 27-30 - Metro Film
Society, Edmonton / Feb 23-26 - Regina Public Library
Feb 24 - Mar 5 - Canadian Film Circuit, Salmon Arm, BC / Mar 27 -
Canadian Film Circuit, Niagara Falls
www.elcrimenperfecto.net/

40 SHADES OF BLUE - Grand Jury Prize at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival
"Director Ira Sachs moves to the rhythms of his native Memphis,
teasing emotional resonance out of geography." -- Lisa Schwarzbaum,
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY
www.fortyshadesmovie.com/

For more details visit: www.ultra8.ca