Okinawa/Ryukyus in U.S. Films?

J.sharp j.sharp at hpo.net
Wed Jun 28 12:17:05 EDT 2006

Hi Greg,

Okinawa on film was the subject of the 2003 Yamagata International
Documentary Film Festival, with a special program entitled "Okinawa—Nexus of
Borders: Ryukyu Reflections"

You can find the quite exhaustive list of what played at:
www.yidff.jp/2003/2003list-e.html#p6

As you can see, there's a lot more titles than one might first imagine.

Best,

Jasper
--
Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

===

Available now in bookstores everywhere:
The Midnight Eye Guide to New Japanese Film (Stone Bridge Press)
by Tom Mes and Jasper Sharp
http://www.midnighteye.com/features/midnighteye_guide.shtml
"Easily one of the most important books on Japanese cinema ever released in
English."
- Newtype USA