Takechi Tetsuji Film Score Composer

Michael McCaskey mccaskem
Thu Jun 29 08:50:50 EDT 2006

Dear Martin,

I hope the points below may help answer your questions.

A)

Shiba did the scores for two Takechi films (assuming it was the same score for both Hakujitsumu versions):

1b) Hakujitsumu 1981

2) Ukiyoe zangoku monogatari 1968

1a) Hakujitsumu 1964

Shiba also did the music for yet a third Takechi picture

3) Kokeimu, a Takechi horror film,  Aug. 1964

B)

If you'd like to phone or write Shiba, for more information, his phone # and address are:

芝祐久 Shiba Sukehisa phone: 0466-22-2200

Address 神奈川県藤沢市片瀬4丁目9-10  Katakida 4-chome 9-10, Fujisawa City, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan

His occupation  is listed as  musician 音楽家
so it's just about 100% sure that this must be your composer.

C)

If you go to:

http://www9.plala.or.jp/dxc_opera/comp/s/shiba.html

There's a web page re Shiba, with a photo, that says he was born Feb 25 1928
and composed three operas, listed as:
白虎の湯 (Byakko no Yu) / opera / 1955
マンドリンを弾く男 (Mandorin o hiku Otoko) / opera / 1956
無明と愛染 / opera /

With Best Wishes,
Michael McCaskey
Georgetown Univ.