Obit: Imamura Shohei

Brian Ruh brianruh
Thu Jun 1 14:10:22 EDT 2006

--- Markus Nornes <amnornes at umich.edu> wrote:

> From the NYT:
>
> But Mr. Imamura also found time during this period to sponsor the
> work of Takashi Miike, whose notoriously violent, overtly sadistic
> films took Mr. Imamura's assumptions about humanity to new extremes.

I don't remember ever hearing this. I knew that Miike worked on
Imamura's "Black Rain," but hadn't heard that Miike was "sponsored" by
Imamura in any way. Can anyone shed more light on this connection?

== Brian

Brian's Essential Reading:
Book:     http://www.oshiibook.com
Research: http://www.animeresearch.com