Introduction

Tom Bayles Tom.Bayles
Fri May 19 16:06:33 EDT 2006

Hello everyone. I'm new to the list, so I'll introduce myself with the usual:

Name: Tom Bayles

Institutional affiliation or employment: BA, Pomona College, Japanese Language and Literature.
Current: Media Archive Assistant, Pacific Basin Institute at Pomona College / Intern at Ad Hominem Enterprises.

City and country: Claremont, CA, USA

Research projects or publications: Thesis on the cinema of Kurosawa Kiyoshi, Asian Languages and Literatures Thesis Prize 2006.

Interests with regard to Japanese film and moving image media: ....Anything and everything. If pressed, perhaps right now I could say that I'm very interested to find people who are doing small, independent films (principally on DV)--something along the lines of Aru Asa, Soup Wa, or anything by small groups of people shooting for little or no institutional reasons. Looking for some Cassaveteses and Godards, one might rather tritely say.

Looking forward to talking with everyone!
  -Tom.

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.