Chicago screening: Anti-U.S. Bases in Asia Documentary Film - Mon. 7pm in Pick Hall

Jonathan M. Hall jmhall at uci.edu
Sat Nov 18 01:20:04 EST 2006

Has anyone on KineJapan seen this film?  If so, could you post your
reactions to the list?
The linking of Okinawa, Hokkaido, and Korea is, in itself,
provocative and necessary.
jmh
---------

"Marines in our home, Marines go home! --Okinawa, Hokkaido, Korea"

A Documentary Film from JAPAN and discussion with filmmaker
Monday, November 20, 2006, 7 - 9pm
University of Chicago
Pick Hall, Ground floor Lounge
5828 S. University Avenue

In solidarity with people worldwide who share the vision of
anti-militarism and peace, we would like to share the
documentary film, “Marines In Our Home, Marines Go Home:
Henoko, Maehyang-ri, Yausubetsu” (directed by Yukihisa
FUJIMOTO, 2005). Through this film, you will meet beautiful
people in Japan and South Korea who have been struggling for
decades, and continue the work to this day, to get rid of
bases and wars at this critical point in our history.

This film captures lives of people who continue their quest
for peace and justice in three sites in Japan and Korea.
People in these places share the same pain—direct and indirect
violence by the U.S. military. With great determination, they
support the anti-military movement which greatly affects their
lives.

We would like to offer the opportunity for people in the U.S.
to become aware of what is happening in the East Asian region.
  We look forward to dialogues with people in the U.S. and
around the world.