Chicago screening: Anti-U.S. Bases in Asia Documentary Film - Mon. 7pm in Pick Hall

Jim Harper jimharper666
Sun Nov 19 15:12:15 EST 2006

As has been said, political discussion isn't entirely unwelcome on the KineJapan list, but I don't get where the antagonism is coming from here, especially steming as it does from a simple enquiry as to whether anyone on the list had seen a particular documentary.

  I'm sorry to have to chip in again here, but I do feel there is no need for insults on a list that is normally civilized and pleasantly polite, from any quarter, on any subject.

  Jim Harper.

  Armand Petri <armandnjosie at hotmail.com> wrote:
        Re: "As for Mr Petri, you may well have read a lot about Korea, but try putting
on a US military uniform and swaggering around Seoul for a while  - you will
probable get more than a few reactions along the "US go home" lines."
  Well try putting on a Military uniform and "swagger" around parts of San Francisco - So? And I do take note that you say "probable"
  I not only have read Korea, I've been there and done that. Both in 52-53 and more recently. It's a great country and you should go there. You will learn something. Maybe you might even mature a bit. While your are there, visit the DMZ.  I have friends out that way, and you are right about Seoul. But what's the point. I have been there in peace and war, I and my shipmates have worn our uniforms there both during peace and war and still do. In 2003 we celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the end of the Korean war in Seoul. Lots of uniforms there, some Korean, some Canadian, Turkish etc.  No we don't "swagger" - you apparently have watched to much TV. We are are a proud bunch and feel priviliged to have so many Koreans as comrades.
  Regards
  Armand Petri

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com