Japanese food films

Geir Friestad geir at portman.org
Tue Oct 17 15:33:29 EDT 2006

Quoting Brian Ruh (brianruh at yahoo.com):

| what Japanese fiction films are there that deal with food
| of any variety as a major motif throughout the film?

Are you asking about feature films only, or are anime series
eligible? The latter has several titles to offer. YAKITATE! JAPAN
is all about baked goods. And food (or the lack thereof) is an
important thread in HONEY & CLOVER (I don't know if this is
present in the recent live action adaption as well), COWBOY BEBOP
and SAMURAI CHAMPLOO.

--
geir at portman.org || gfriestad at gmail.com || www.portman.org
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."