Unloved

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 07:05:11 EDT 2006

Is this absolutely necessary?

John Winter <john_winter_2005 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:    By 1999 Childish and Thomson were reconciled, and co-founded the Stuckist art movement. Thomson coined the group name from Childish's "Poem for a Pissed Off Wife", where he had recorded Emin's remark to him:

   Your paintings are stuck, you are stuck! – Stuck! Stuck! Stuck!"   The group was strongly pro-figurative painting and anti-conceptual art. Thomson and Childish wrote a number of manifestos, the first of which contained the statement:

   Artists who don't paint aren't artists.   The Stuckists soon achieved considerable press coverage, fuelled by the fact that Emin had just been nominated for the Turner Prize. They then announced the inauguration of a cultural period of "Remodernism" to bring back spiritual values into art, culture and society

John Winter <john_winter_2005 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
  last night got an invite from Charles Thompson to attend a Stuckist gig in central London nr Bond Street Tube Station.  Charles was there but not Billy or Tracey.  Intriguing exhibition of Stuckist art principles and then some readings of Stuckist poetry.   Met many endearing and amusing characters.  Later a punky surf band from the US got stuck into a raft of numbers (and accomplished in the manner of the B52s.).   Many fashionable people and adventures with pork pie hats.  Had to leave early because of the lurgy and general lateness, felt terrible but made it back home in time to watch '10' with Alan and excerpts from his version of 'Picaresque', a play he wrote, at RADA's George Bernard Shaw Theatre.

John Winter <john_winter_2005 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:   everything in London is striving to make itself interesting, to justify it's price, but, like King Canute, facing the swirling, incoming tide.  Arrived this morning, early.  Two Chinese students could hardly speak a word of English yet I was to teach them economics??!!   Began by getting my lad out and waving it around in huge sweeping semi-circles.  When that was over I peed myself laughing and ran out of a cupboard wearing a 'here's Johnny' mask from that film by Stanley Kubrick.  That was enough of the economics lecture.  Managed to make it down the local cafe.  They'd sold 2 of my books so I took away a few notes and went back to the school to hear the encomium of praise from my boss on another intriguing philosophical analysis of the econometrics of yesteryear.   PM

eigagogo at free.fr wrote:   Unloved was screened on french TV few year ago.
For french capable, here's review from my site:
http://eigagogo.free.fr/Critiques/unloved.htm

Selon David Lewis :

  All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi at gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

http://www.flipsidemovies.com