Tanaka Noboru

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow
Thu Oct 5 01:00:32 EDT 2006

On 2006.10.5, at 11:22  AM, Christine Marran wrote:

> This is very sad news. He was a wonderful director.
> My favorite Tanaka films were Maruhi: Shikijo mesu ichiba (1974)
> Maruhi: joro seme jigoku (1973).  They are artful, memorable films.

Christine is perhaps too modest to mention it, but she has authored one
of the few academic articles on a Tanaka film:

Cinematic Sexualities: The Two Faces of Abe Sada in Japanese "Poruno"
Film (Asian Cinema, Vol. 8, No. 2, Winter 1996/1997)

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html