DVD/Video rentals in Tokyo

Nate Shockey nshockey
Fri Oct 27 00:47:16 EDT 2006

  It's not really a video rental store per se, but you should check out
JANIS in Ochanomizu (www.janis-cd.com) - its mostly a cd rental shop
(and probably about the best one in Japan, in my opinion), but they
have a rather small but solid selection of offbeat films in the back,
pretty much the kind of stuff you'd expect a rock store to carry - I
think they've got about everything Terayama made, some quirkier
interesting pink films old and new, some smaller documentaries, stuff
like Adachi's "Josei Guerrilla", etc etc.  Like I said, very small,
but a welcome break from Tsutaya (and if you're a music fan, prepare
to be amazed).  It's also a pretty short trip from anywhere in central
Tokyo.

 -Nate