The other way around

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Fri Sep 22 05:36:03 EDT 2006

The request for examples of Japanese actresses marrying foreign men was
a bit gossipy (still, I kicked myself for forgetting Yamaguchi and
Noguchi), but it did make me wonder about the other way around. Perhaps
for the sake of equal air time, I could ask if people know of cases of
Japanese actors marrying foreign women. The only famous example I can
think of is Fuse Akira, the singer (but who also appeared in some
films), who married the actress Olivia Hussey. But there have to be
others...

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html