Tasaka's war films on location

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 13:14:38 EST 2007

Dear all,

  Simple question - can anyone tell me exactly (or more or less) where Tasaka's Five Scouts and Earth and Soldiers were shot? I am away from my library at the moment so can't check myself.

  ALEX

Fujioka Asako <asakof at tkd.att.ne.jp> wrote:
  Mathieu asked about the DVD release of Kanai Katsu films with English
subtitles some weeks ago.
Mr Kanai is thinking of a limited edition (perhaps 100?) of his 5 films to
be released next year as a Kanai Katsu DVD Box. Mathieu commented that 100
units is too little. But Mr Kanai does not think that they will sell
tremendously. Any ideas?
His films have not been released on VHS or DVD anywhere yet, though
apparently there is a pirated VHS by someone who videotaped Tokiga Fubuku
(Stormy Times) as it played in a theater! which is circulating
internationally.
Born 1936, Kanai Katsu is a maverick pioneer of Japanese independent film.
He has just finished making English subtitles for his five major films which
were showcased in a retrospective at Oberhausen Film Festival this year.
Kanai Katsu's website:
http://www.hinocatv.ne.jp/~katsu/english-page.html

Fujioka Asako