J-Horror / Wikipedia

J.sharp j.sharp at hpo.net
Thu Jul 26 06:05:17 EDT 2007

That's very interesting how Japanese women find mobile phones scarier than
men! (vis a vis Chakushin Ari's rating in second place.

Also, I guess foreign audiences might be surprised to find that Audition is
not listed in the top 10, which seems to have been a pretty marginal release
in Japan at the time in comparison with the Ring et al, yet took off
amazingly well in Europe on its initial release here.

And Black House is another film that probably most Westerners arent really
aware of, but I understand its just been remade in Korea where it has been a
huge hit. Anyone seen it?

By the way, I'for those who recall the discussion on the virtues and
limitations of Wikipedia on this list a few months ago, there's a very
interesting programme on BBC Radio 4 hosted by Clive Anderson which can be
listened to from the website at the moment, and is well worth a listen (only
30 minutes), as indeed are many programs on this great resource:

www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/ram/wikipediastory.ram

Best,

Jasper Sharp

--
Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

===

Jasper Sharp\'s myspace page: www.myspace.com/jaspersharp