Ishii Teruo's Kyofu Kikei Ningen

Bruce Baird baird at asianlan.umass.edu
Wed Jun 20 21:10:27 EDT 2007

Dear colleagues,

I read in the Midnight Eye that Ishii Teruo's "Kyofu kikei ningen"
has never been released for mass consumption.  I wonder if anyone has
a tip on how I might see this film, or connections to someone who can
screen it for me.

Best,

Bruce

PS. Some months ago, there was a question on this forum about buto
dancers in films, so you might be interested in Min Tanaka's new film
"Umihiko yamahiko maihiko" about him dancing across Indonesia.  I
just saw it last night at Theater N in Shibuya.  Its a pretty
interesting and amazing film in a lot of ways.  I think its playing
for the rest of June.  Its not subtitled, but some information is
given simultaneously in English and Japanese. More info at:
www.maihiko.com

Bruce Baird
Assistant Professor
Asian Languages and Literatures
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Butô, Japanese Theater, Intellectual History

717 Herter Hall
161 Presidents Drive
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003-9312