Graves

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow
Sat Jun 2 08:37:00 EDT 2007

> Hi, I am wondering if anyone can tell me where the graves of Masumura
> Yasuzo and Okamoto Kihachi are located. I checked on the website Aaron
> mention the last time this topic came up but these two remained
> unknown.  I think Masumura should be somewhere in Kofu but haven't had
> any luck querying the net with various combinations. Thanks for your
> help.

It just so happens that Urasaki Hiromi has a rensai in Shinario on the
graves of film people (though, since it is a screenwriter's journal, he
focuses mostly on screenwriters). The June issue features Okamoto. He
is buried in Shunjuen:

http://www.shunjuen.or.jp/

According to Urasaki, it is plot 10-12-10. Mifune Toshiro, Takahashi
Etsushi, Kato Daisuke, Wada Natto, Yamamoto Satsuo and Fukasaku Kinji
are others in the same graveyard.

I don't know about Masumura.

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html