Kagi No Kag

Aaron Gerow gerowaaron at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 29 05:36:31 EDT 2007

> I'm looking for a 1964 Japanese James Bond film, Kagi No Kag (Key of
> Keys), which was redubbed and re-edited by Woody Allen into What's Up,
> Tiger Lilly?

The film is actually Kokusai himitsu keisatsu: Kagi no kagi from 1965
which stars Mihashi Tatsuya (the gang boss in Kitano's Dolls) and is
directed by Taniguchi Senkichi. If I remember correctly, however,
Allen's film actually uses two of the Kokusai himutsu keisatsu films
(there were five of them): Kagi no kagi for the main story, and Kayaku
no taru for the opening sequence. These were Toho productions, and is
typical of Toho, have not come out on DVD in Japan.

Aaron Gerow
Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363